Tuesday, February 22, 2005

flute lessons

I have finally found a creative outlet. I just began flute lessons! I am really excited about it and looking forward to seeing if I will ever be able to play that Vivaldi piece that I listen to and imagine myself on a stage, playing with an orchestra behind me...or at least being able to remember the fingerings for the various notes.

My cats, on the other hand, are not excited about this new venture. The first day I practiced they both looked at me and ran. Ginger hid under a table and Simba went into the other room. The next time I played, Simba looked at me with this, "What the heck?!" expression and sauntered out of the room; he likes to act like he's not frightened by walking out cool-like, but you can tell he's terrified. Ginger does not hide the fact that she's scared. She looked at me with those wide open green eyes, her mouth in a little frown, and hid under a chair, looking out occasionally to ask with her eyes if I was done yet. Yesterday I practiced and Simba has gotten used to it. He even sat on the bed next to where I was standing as if to be my audience. Ginger looked at me as I opened the flute case, then darted out of the room. I need to get her some valium.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your going to drug your cat with valium to get her to stay and listen to you?? hehe nice.

-Jon

annette said...

I'm not going to drug my cat to make her stay and listen to me play...she just needs valium or something to calm her because she's too high strung. She's terrified of everything! Maybe I can teach her some yoga...